Best of Nepal: Heritage, Himalayas and Wildlife
Best of Nepal – Heritage, Himalayas and Wildlife combines the three most visited destinations of Nepal i.e. Kathmandu, Pokhara and Chitwan National Park. Here, you explore heritage sites of Kathmandu, enjoy the relaxed lakeside character of Pokhara and undertake game drives to sight the elusive Royal Bengal Tiger.
Best of Nepal – Heritage, Himalayas and Wildlife Highlights
- Marvel at the ancient heritage sites of Kathmandu
- Walk around to capture the lakeside hill station character of Pokhara
- Explore Chitwan National Park to sight the elusive Royal Bengal Tiger
- Twin Sharing Accommodation in mentioned hotels in Kathmandu, Pokhara and Chitwan
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara on room with breakfast plan
- City Tours in Kathmandu, Pokhara by AC Car
- Welcome and Farewell Dinner followed by Folklore Dance in Kathmandu in a local restaurant
- Full Board package with Jungle Activities in Chitwan
- Local English-speaking guide in Kathmandu and Pokhara and monument entrance fee as per itinerary
- All arrival and Departures Transfers by AC Car
- Air Fare Sectors: Kathmandu – Pokhara; Pokhara – Chitwan; Chitwan – Kathmandu (by local Nepal flight operators)
- International airfares
- Drinks and Beverage during the trip
- Lunch in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Tips for Guide and Drivers and hotel attendants
- Other expenses of personal natures
Expert Travel Opinion
Guests can take a short Mountain flight from Kathmandu for views of the Mount Everest (highest mountain in the world).
Day 01 - Kathmandu
Arrival at Kathmandu
You arrive in Kathmandu (4500 ft asl), the capital of the Himalayan Kingdom of Nepal and one of the popular arrival points for travellers visiting Nepal. Kathmandu offers Himalayan views on a clear day and is home to many UNESCO world heritage sites.
Upon arrival, you will be met by our representative and introduced to your private driver who will accompany you for the rest of your trip. You have the rest of the day at leisure to rest in hotel or explore Kathmandu on your own.
Day 02 - Kathmandu
Today you visit the heritage sites of Nepal starting from Boudhanath Stupa (one of the largest Stupas of the world and a UNESCO world heritage site). After spending some time here, you travel for 30 minutes to visit Budhanikantha Temple (a large reclining statue of Lord Vishnu). Spend half an hour here before travelling another 45 minutes to Swayambhunath Stupa (dated 5th Century BCE and is among the oldest religious sites in Nepal). Spend some time here and then stopover en-route for lunch.
After lunch, you visit Patan Durbar Square (a large complex and a UNESCO world heritage site). You have the rest of the day at leisure to explore Kathmandu on your own.
Kathmandu is home to a large number of bars, restaurants and nightlife areas. You may explore them on your own.
Day 03 - Pokhara
Drive to Pokhara
Today, you drive to Pokhara (200 kms / 6 hours - 6000 ft asl), a lakeside destination offering great views, spreadout retreats and a complete hill station experience. Upon arrival at Pokhara, you can go an evening walk around the tourist area of Lake Side and enjoy views of the western Himalayan ranges and Mt. Fishtail.
Day 04 - Pokhara
Today, you start early morning to witness sunrise and Himalayan views from the hotel rooftop. After breakfast, you depart for exploring Pokhara valley. You visit Davi's Fall, Tibetan Refugee Camp, Seti gorge & Fewa Lake. You undertake a 1-hour boat ride on Lake Fewa and thereafter return to the hotel. You spend the rest of the day at leisure on your own enjoying the lakeside character or exploring Pokhara on your own.
• You may opt for Paragliding in Pokhara for a panoramic view of the Pokhara Valley. • You may opt for an Ultralight Flight aircraft, another medium to observe the full spectrum of the magnificent Pokhara valley.
Day 05 - Chitwan
Drive to Chitwan
Today, you depart early for Chitwan National Park (151 kms / 5 hours). Chitwan is a premium wildlife experience, on par with the best parks of Central India and home to the elusive Royal Bengal Tiger.
Chitwan is home to 40+ species of mammals, 450+ species of birds, and 45 species of amphibians and reptiles. You arrive to a charming jungle lodge by the afternoon and undertake a Jeep Safari to Chitwan National Park.
Day 06 - Chitwan
Chitwan Elephant Safaris, walks, Canoe ride and Tharu Tribal Dance
Today, you start early morning for the guided bird watching walk. After breakfast, experience an elephant safari. You have a good chance to sight deer, rhinoceros, wild boar, etc. while on the safari. After the elephant safari, proceed for Dugout Canoe Ride along with Dungre / Rapti River to see 2 types of rare species of crocodile; The Marsh Mugger and the Fish Eating Gharial.
Thereafter, visit an elephant breeding farm and drive back to the lodge. You have the rest of the day at leisure to explore on your own. In the evening, you enjoy “Tharu Tribal Dance” presented by the local Tharu villagers at the lodge.
• You may opt for a late afternoon village walk to the nearby Tharu village. • You may take an additional game safari in the afternoon to have another chance of sighting tigers in the Royal Chitwan National Park.
Day 07 - Kathmandu
Return to Kathmandu
Today you drive back to Kathmandu (150 kms - 5 hours) and spend the rest of the day at leisure to explore Kathmandu on your own.
Kathmandu has many markets where one can shop for souvenirs (local craft items are popular). You may explore these in the afternoon / evening.
Day 08 - Kathmandu
Departure from Kathmandu
Today you depart from Kathmandu for your onward international destination.
If you have time before you take your international flight, you can undertake a short mountain flight from Kathmandu that offers an aerial view of the Mount Everest (highest mountain in the world).
Tour Review Scores And Score Breakdown